Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Did Jim Hayett Break Wisconsin Employer Discriminitaion Law?

I did some digging and my suspicion that Jim Hayett stopped blogging was correct. I found this comment by Jim Hayett preserved by jman99 on my brother's blog.

Below, Jim Hayett's threatens to fire any of his employees who voted for Barack Obama or Tammy Balwin. Jim Hayett is a principle with Morgan Hayett Financial in Pewaukee.

"Amy, too funny! BTW. I have to lay off more employees. Not being able to determine who I should give the bad news to, I decide to layoff those who voted for Obama and or will vote for Baldwin since it's Obama and the dems who made our country worse off than it was before Obama was elected."
With these words, it is very possible that Jim Hayett has flagrantly broke Wisconsin State Statue 111.3 which states that no "employer, labor organization, employment agency, licensing agency, or other person may engage in any act of employment discrimination as specified in s. 111.322 against any individual on the basis of age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, arrest record, conviction record, military service, use or nonuse of lawful products off the employer's premises during nonworking hours, or declining to attend a meeting or to participate in any communication about religious matters or political matters" to either intimidate his employees or for revenge.

Jim Hayett is running sacred because he (probably) broke the law!*  
Way to go Hayett!



*I only say probably because Hayett's comment were made on a website and not in official capacity at his office. Who knows? Only an expert in employee litigation would know for sure. It would be interesting to find out if any complaints were made.



UPDATE 12:43 pm:

It took some doing but I found Jim Hayett's comment where he threathend to fire his employees, it was not on his now deleted and scrubbed blog, but on Amy Geiger Hemmer's blog "Happy Obamaween" in the comments section.

"Amy, too funny! BTW. I have to lay off more employees. Not being able to determine who I should give the bad news to, I decide to layoff those who voted for Obama and or will vote for Baldwin since it's Obama and the dems who made our country worse off than it was before Obama was elected."
You reap what you sow Mr. Hayett and I do hope you'll be hearing from the State of Wisconsin Workforce Development.